The decision to dedicate a child to the Lord is a decision made by the parents of the child and not by the child itself. This ceremony is not a substitute for the child’s ultimate personal responsibility before God. In no way does this ceremony guarantee salvation or serve as a substitute for the personal need for children to accept Christ as Lord when they are aware enough to understand the gospel.
The dedication ceremony is a commitment by the parents to train and teach their child Biblical principles, to trust in God, and be thankful for this blessing. Therefore, we dedicate children of parents who are committed to God in the development of the child and will be obedient to His Word and the following covenant:
– We will make Jesus Christ the foundation of our home (1 Corinthians 3:11).
– We will keep the passion for God before us always (Deuteronomy 5:29).
– We will fight for the authority of God(Nehemiah 4:14).
– We will place trust in God’s grace for life (Galatians 2:20).
– We will love our family unconditionally as God loves us (Ephesians 5:25).
With your commitment, we also, as your church family, commit to continue to believe in God’s design for your family, and we will pray that you will continually look to Jesus Christ for strength, wisdom, and the life only He brings. If you are in agreement with these statements, complete the online application for baby dedication. However, if your situation is different, and at this time you do not meet these guidelines according to God’s Word, we would love to have the opportunity to help bring you into a closer relationship with God, so that you may be able to dedicate your family to Him.