In This Series
Covid-19 Response (1)
Friday, March 13, 2020
Covid-19 Update // Today, in partnership with the Kern County Public Health Department, Canyon Hills hosted a forum for local faith leaders at the Summit to discuss how we can best respond to the current health climate.
Many people have asked if we are still having services this weekend and the answer is, YES! Canyon Hills is set up to continue gathering while allowing for proper social distancing as recommended by the Department of Public Health because we offer multiple venues.
Here’s what you can expect at the Bakersfield Campus this week:
1. We will be meeting at our regular service times this Sunday: 8:30, 10, 11 and noon.
2. Our 10am service will be moved to the Sanctuary to allow proper social distancing.
3. The Summit will be open during the 11am service as an overflow once we reach the recommended capacity in the Sanctuary.
4. The balcony will be open during all services in the sanctuary to allow proper social distancing.
5. All of our programs for children and students and our adult groups will continue to meet as they normally do.
6. Our Midweek Bible Study will move to the Sanctuary this Wednesday to allow proper social distancing.
All of our other campuses will also continue to have their regularly scheduled services this week.
For those who are sick or have a compromised immune system, we recommend joining us during the 8:30 or 11am service via livestream on our website or the Canyon Hills App. If you have an AppleTV or Roku, you can download our app and watch on your television or you can watch from the app on any mobile device. From the app or website, you can watch live online, give online and submit prayer requests online. Additionally, you can use smart giving anytime by texting any dollar amount to 661-727-4050.App Downloads
A. W. Tozer said, “A scared world needs a fearless church.” There is a lot of fear in our world today, but we know that fear isn’t from God. 2 Timothy 1:7 says that God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind.
We will continue to use wisdom and seek counsel for the appropriate ways to respond to the circumstances as they develop. We will be a bright light in our community as we operate in faith and love for our neighbors. We look forward to seeing you on Sunday!